CATU Ireland – The Community and Tenants Union of Ireland is a community based union of tenants, those in emergency & precarious living situations and mortgage holders. We are a member-led organisation fighting for our members, building power through collective action and fighting for economic and social justice and a better life for our members and our communities.
ABOUT THE JOB:
CATU are hiring for the role of a Staff Coordinator who will be responsible for overseeing and supporting the work of the union’s team of 6 staff members, which consists of 4 Regional Organisers, a National Administrator and a Training Coordinator. The ideal candidate will have experience in supporting, developing and coordinating a staff team, particularly in a union or community sector setting. We are keen to hear from anyone who is passionate about the work we do, and community organising more broadly and would particularly encourage applications from existing CATU members.
MAIN DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
* Chairing/facilitating weekly collective staff meetings and providing subsequent updates to the National Committee/Board
* Conducting regular 1-1 support and supervision meetings with individual team members
* Supporting and Developing staff work plans
* Filing and administration of staff work documents and contracts
* Assisting in dispute/grievance proceedings involving members of staff
* Facilitate training and development opportunities for the staff team
* Assist in administration and development of the Union.
SALARY: £13/€15 per hour
HOURS: 1 Year Contract, 10 hours per week
*This role requires a certain degree of flexibility on the part of the candidate*
* Excellent employee and volunteer support and development experience
* Interpersonal skills: particularly calmness and emotional sensitivity, good listening skills.
* Excellent planning capabilities
* Excellent communication, conflict resolution skills and mediation skills
* Strong writing and editing skills.
* Strong group facilitation skills, including creating warm and accessible spaces for a variety of backgrounds, being able to move groups, and teaching key skills and learning objectives.
Essential: Evidence of group facilitation and employee and volunteer support and development experience
Desirable: Experience presenting to groups, facilitating or training groups of people
A commitment to community issues and tenants equality and justice and a desire to build power for working class communities on the island of Ireland.
Applications for this role are due at midnight on Friday, August 25th, 2023. Interviews will be held in the following week.
PLEASE EMAIL A RECENT CV TO firstname.lastname@example.org WITH YOUR NAME IN THE EMAIL SUBJECT LINE AND EACH DOCUMENT SAVED WITH YOUR NAME E.G. KARLMARXCV.DOC and KARLMARXAPPLICATIONFORM.DOC