WHO ARE WE:
CATU Ireland – The Community and Tenants Union of Ireland is a community based union of tenants, those in emergency & precarious living situations as well as mortgage holders. We are a membership based organisation fighting for our members, building power through collective action, and fighting for economic and social justice and a better life for our members and our communities.
ABOUT THE JOB:
NOTE: This is a 3 month Paternity Leave cover contract. The role will start in early September 2023 and conclude in mid January 2024.
MAIN DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
* Supporting and Developing CATU campaigns and actions, in conjunction with local committees and members
* Recruitment to the union including door knocking, calls, stalls and conversations in conjunction with local committees and members.
* Committee Development: assisting in the launch of local committees of CATU in Leinster, helping give advice and support and build the confidence of these committees.
* New Area Support: supporting areas where CATU members have started organising (pre-committee launch), initial meeting, recruitment and planning
For this role, it is necessary for applicants to either be based in Leinster or be willing to relocate. Travel around the greater Dublin area and surrounding counties will be a feature of the role.
* Facilitate training with local committees, Training & Education staff, and the national officer board.
* Assist in administration and development of the Union.
SALARY: €15/£13 per hour
HOURS: 20 hours per week for a period of 3 months.
*This role requires a certain degree of flexibility on the part of the candidate*
* Campaigning , Action and Organising skills
* Excellent planning skills
* Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
* Good writing and editing skills.
* Strong group facilitation skills, including creating warm and accessible spaces for a variety of backgrounds, being able to mobilise and motivate groups, and teach key skills and learning objectives.
Evidence of Community based work (either voluntary or paid), campaign or union organising and/or other grassroots campaign and action experience.
Experience presenting to groups, facilitating or training work and computer literacy.
A commitment to community issues, tenants’ equality and justice and building power for working class communities on the island of Ireland.
Applications for this role are due at midnight on August 25th, 2023. Interviews will be held the following week.
PLEASE EMAIL A RECENT CV TO firstname.lastname@example.org WITH YOUR NAME IN THE EMAIL SUBJECT LINE AND THE DOCUMENT SAVED WITH YOUR NAME E.G. KARLMARXCV.DOC